Create your very own shrimp jar!
Tailored for beginners to planted aquascapes and the seasoned aquarists alike, Ikan Billy will teach you to create your very own shrimp jar without a filter nor oxygen bubbler.
Contrary to popular belief that such an aquascape is impossible, you’ll learn what it takes to upkeep your small aquatic vessel of an underwater ecosystem of plants and shrimps. Powered solely by light and some tender loving care, this low maintenance aquatic garden will provide a visual aesthetic to any of your living spaces.
Via this workshop, you will learn about the science of a freshwater aquarium, designing and the craftsmanship of a miniature aquascape, planting methods and the maintenance needed to ensure that you have a thriving and beautiful shrimp jar.
This is for you if you:
- Love plants & gardening
- Adore cute tiny shrimps
- Dream of spending hours ogling into a tiny jar
- Desire a petite aquarium
Materials provided (and yours to take home):
- 1L mason jar (12 dia x 16.5 height cm)
- Lamp with built-in timer
- Scaping tools (tweezers & curved scissors)
- Substrate (soil & sand)
- Hardscape (rocks & wood)
(S$129.60 inclusive of GST)
2.5 to 3 hrs
- Workshop is held in Chinatown, Singapore.
- For ages 12 & above only.
- Limited to 10 seats per workshop.
- Confirmation of seat is upon payment.