Create a miniature paludarium for your tiny crabs!
Found living in dense forests near rivers, lakes and estuaries in Asia, the colourful and curious vampire crabs and batik crabs are semi-terrestrial freshwater crustaceans that spend most of their time on land. While omnivorous, they don’t live plants which make them welcome residents to a planted paludarium.
A paludarium is part terrarium and part aquarium as it includes both land and water areas – the perfect space for your mini crabs. In this workshop, you will learn techniques to craft raised terrains in the curvaceous Belle jar to create a miniature paludarium for your tiny crabs. Come as a parent and child duo or by yourself
This is for you if you:
- Think that mini crabs make cool pets
- Want to create a different kind of aquarium
- Like to learn to make something fun with nature
Materials provided (and yours to take home):
- 5W Micro LED lamp with built-in timer
- Drop glass jar (19 dia x 22.5 height cm)
- Scaping tools (long tweezers & curved scissors)
- Substrate (soil & gravel)
- Hardscape (rocks, wood & pebbles)
- Plants (submerged & emersed)
- Mini dechlorinator bottle
S$230 per participant
(S$248.40 inclusive of GST)
Parent & Child
S$280 per group
(S$302.40 inclusive of GST)
2.5 to 3 hrs
- Workshop is held in Chinatown, Singapore.
- Child is to be 6 to 11 years old only.
- Limited to 4 seats per workshop.
- Confirmation of seat is upon payment.