Create your very own underwater garden in a jar!
Designed for beginners to planted aquariums and experienced aquarists alike, Ikan Billy will teach you to create your own underwater garden in a jar.
Aquajars or jarrariums are small aquatic vessels of an underwater ecosystem of plants and aquatic creatures. With only the power of light – no filter, no oxygen bubbler, no CO2 – and your loving care, you can have a thriving aquatic garden that’s a constant feast for your eyes.
Through this workshop, you will learn about the ecology of a freshwater aquarium, designing and crafting of a miniature aquascape, planting methods and maintenance techniques to ensure that your beautiful jarrarium will have a special place in your room or on your desk.
This is for you if you:
- Love plants & gardening
- Believe that greenery is good to destress
- Always wanted an aquarium but have only a small space
- Already have an aquarium but is fascinated by jarrariums
Materials provided (and yours to take home):
- Circular glass jar (12 dia x 20 height cm)
- Clip-on lamp
- Scaping tools (tweezers & curved scissors)
- Substrate (soil & gravel)
- Hardscape (rocks & wood)
- Plants (3 types)
S$160 per participant
(S$172.80 inclusive of GST)
- Workshop is held in Chinatown, Singapore.
- For ages 12 & above only.
- Limited to 8 seats per workshop.
- Confirmation of seat is upon payment.